Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Haters

I was feeling a bit lazy this morning and I was reading through some comments. One viewer asked why there was so much negativity in the comment section of a product review video. I thought that this was a good answer to publish on a broader scale:


People don't like it when you challenge norms, like "Glock is the best" or "Everything Magpul makes is gold". I started this channel to do just that, challenge. 

I have had the privilege of directly influencing (have been directly contacted or physically present) the gear decisions of multiple service members and LEOs; potentially saving their life. This was done by not sucking up to companies, not going with the flow, and yes pissing A LOT of people off. That is why you see such negativity in the comment fields, because people go to YouTube to justify the money they have spent. When they find someone who isn't drooling over that product they get pissed. 


I break things, I am hard on things, and I pull no punches because I am not a gear reviewer. I hate that title. "Hey guys, I got this thing for free in the mail, and it looks cool, buy it" Gag me, can you get more sycophantic or shallow? I can't understand how people can watch some of these people.


I am a gear tester, there are few of us out there, and by obligation to you (whether you like it or not) I have to be hard, objective, and for lack of a better term- a prick. 


What people don't see in the background is I am writing product improvement reports to companies trying to make gear better overall. Some are accepted and implemented,  other times I am told to shut up.


 "You know you are doing something right when people hate you". -James Yeager 

This is true; I know I am doing the right thing because of the type of people, who trust me. I could care less what a keyboard commando says, it's the opinion of their antithesis that matters.


Special thanks to the viewer for their comment.

2 comments:

  1. How dare you! Glock is the best! and yes everything magpul makes is gold! LOL

    Big Lew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I watched your I hate Glock vid, and Glock 26 imperfection vid. I was almost willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with impartiality with the I Hate Glock vid, but with all due respect you don't really understand police procurement policies very well, nor did you articulate any mechanical deficiencies between the Gen4 and the Gen3 models, (I am familiar with 1 that has been well documented, but you mentioned nothing, which makes me wonder how aware you are, and if you are just bleeting a mantra "Gen3 better than Gen4" you heard somewhere.

    With Glock 26 Imperfection a couple of things come to mind. 1.) As "impartial" you and your cohorts were trying to sound, it wasn't working.
    2.) The kid that bought the 26, yeah don't let him talk. I found it interesting that when he shot the gun it worked, so the best he could do was bad mouth the "cheapness" of the internals, the "flimsiness" of the trigger, and how the mags wouldn't immediately fall away. Yet every time he shot it on camera it worked, and I could tell by his voice and mannerisms that the latter pissed him off. I also find it interesting that when the other guy shot it HE would induce malfunctions. If that gentleman has a history of "breaking" guns then maybe it's him that is the problem, not the guns. By the way watching his technique, two things 1.) Your thumb ride the slide especially with gloves on creates friction, and can and will slow down the slide momentum, possibly causing stoppages, 2.) The 1980's called, and they want their index finger on the front of the trigger guard technique back. It didn't work well back then, and I doubt it has improved since. Oh and running ANY gun in the cold with something that is more of a cleaner than a lubricant is not brilliant.

    Listen if you are going to be impartial in any testing it needs to be done right, so that guys like me that have been shooting guns for 30+ years, and have military, LE, and instructional background, can't come on and rip on a vid about Glock 26 imperfection, that just looks like a bunch of bored kids with little to no knowledge of what they are doing ripping on equipment they clearly know little about.

    In other words if you claim to be impartial, you can't get all giddy when the gun "malfunctions." Especially when the latter, after viewing the vid, looks like something one of you "engineers" caused.

    ReplyDelete